COVID-19 shined a spotlight on the labor gap that continues to grow in agriculture, food production and manufacturing. At the 2020 Kansas Ag Growth Summit, presenters “identified a critical need for an agricultural workforce able and willing to meet the skilled labor demand.”
“Flour millers globally saw a rapid increase in demand as quarantine and shelter-in-place orders worldwide panicked consumers who started stockpiling flour and other grain-based foods,” says World Grain. Even manufacturers producing standard grains felt the strain, but those marketing specialized, customized blends – the type of blends that require real expertise to produce – often succeeded or failed based on the strength of their milling partner.
Coupled with the already rapidly-growing labor shortage in the US, specifically in the agriculture market, manufacturers need quality partners staffed by skilled workers they can count on.
Finding a mill staffed by workers with the experience to create the blend you need while following the stringent USDA grain handling practices is a challenge in itself. Finding one with a truly allergen-friendly facility is even more difficult. And finding a partner with true expertise in blending – the flavor and texture properties of various grains, which blends are appropriate for which uses, and how the absence of gluten affects the strength of a proprietary blended grain product – can feel downright impossible.
Until you talk to the team at Firebird Artisan Mills.
Firebird supports food manufacturers by providing standard or customized blends of gluten-free, conventional or organic, allergen-friendly specialty grains and pulse with an unmatched degree of quality.
Here are just some of the advantages that set Firebird apart:
- Our 36,000 square-foot facility is completely gluten-free and allergen-friendly. We do not handle or process gluten or any of the top eight allergens anywhere within our plant at any time.
- Expert staff, rigorous quality control of risk assessment, inbound and outbound testing, and proven processes combine to justify the trust customers and partners place in our team every day.
- We provide a one-stop-shop to mill and blend in one dedicated BRC AA-rated facility with top-notch quality control.
- Our expert team will work with you to advise on a turnkey mill solution or customized blend, all the way from ingredient sourcing to packaging.
- We purchase and warehouse an expansive supply of minor ingredients and starch ingredients as well as provide the option to include specific customer-provided ingredients.
- Our plant has the unique ability to produce a truckload of proprietary blend per day.
- We offer package options ranging from 25 and 50 lb. bags all the way to 2000 lb. totes and supersacks.
- With Firebird, you can customize your blend formula under a non-disclosure agreement.
- Our process flow and equipment ensure safety and quality from start to finish.
- We make your mill experience easy. One call, one invoice, one shipment and consolidated suppliers with one blend to source your multiple specialty grains and pulses.
We would love the opportunity to discuss your needs and identify the best solution for you to take to market. Contact us at 701-324-4330 or firstname.lastname@example.org – our team can’t wait to get to know you.